The Band have received a cheque from the Community Support Grant by the Benevolent Committee of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Durham
Tonight saw the Band perform in the Durham Hymns project again but this time at Ushaw College, with Voices of Hope and the Choir. Just like in July at Durham Cathedral, it was an honour to be a part of something so moving. A big thank you goes to Mark Edwards for conducting both the Band and the Choir. Thanks also go to Kym, Alan and Jean for helping us out tonight.
This weekend, the Band travelled down to Cheltenham for the National Championships of Great Britain for the 3rd Section Finals. It was the 2nd time in 2 Years that the Band had qualified for the National Championships, last year it was the 4th Section and this year, it was the 3rd section. On Saturday, the Band had a rehearsal at Dodworth Colliery Band's Band Hall. It is very much appriciated. We had 1½ Hours practice. We then travelled down to the Tortworth Court Hotel where we had a fantastic and relaxing time (along with an Evening Meal) before the Contest on Sunday Morning.
We then travelled to Cheltenham Racecourse on Sunday Morning and on the way to the Racecourse, we found out that we were drawn to play 5th. Once we got to The Centaur at Cheltenham Racecourse, it was a 45 minute wait until it was time to register The Band and then go through to wait to go onto the stage. We then got onto the stage, prepared ourselves and then we got playing. A few hours had passed before it was time for the results. In the end, the Band finished in 19th Position. After the results, we then started the journey back home. Despite the result, it has been a fantastic weekend away for the band.
To view the images of the weekend at the National Finals, click here.
The Band performed at the Durham Big Bike Ride today and also drew the Raffle for the National Finals
The band played at Durham's Big Bike Ride today. It was great to play off everyone taking part despite the rain. We managed to squeeze in a rehearsal on the finals testpiece before playing for all the riders coming through the finish line. A big congratulations goes to our very own Alan Beaumont for completing the 25 Mile Route. The whole Band cheered him as he came in. A big thank you again goes to Kym for helping us out today.
Also, at the end of the Band's concert, Colin Wilks from Durham Markets drew the National Finals Raffle for our trip to the National Finals later on this month. Below is a list of winners. A massive thank you goes to everyone who bought raffle tickets. Also, a big congratulations to all of our winners.
1) Framed Print - Joanne Moorhouse
2) Mystery Cash Prize - Marian Flower
3) Grocery Hamper - Norma Reynolds
4) Chocolate Hamper - Paul Traves
5) Cleaning Hamper - R Clayton
6) Meal Voucher, Hallgarth Manor - Paul Traves
7) Meal Voucher, Stonebridge Inn - Bob Greenland
8) Meat Voucher for Walton's Butchers - Andrew Houghton
9) £10 Debenhams Voucher - Frank Bell
10) £10 H&M Voucher - Mr Barnes
11) £10 Next Voucher - Peter Elcoat
12) Bottle - Captain Morgan Rum - Peter Elcoat
13) Bottle - Besserat Champagne - Ian Clayton
14) Bottle - Adeletto Prosecco - Jordan (RRF Band)
15) Bottle - Dino Prosecco - Shalina Robson
16) Bottle - Cava Prestige - Michael Evans
17) Bottle - Billy Bosch Wine - Joanne Moorhouse
18) Bottle - Bali - Mrs J Wakefield
19) Bayliss & Harding Gift Set - Pat Bird
20) Bayliss & Harding Gift Set - Lindsey Wright
21) Fox's Biscuits - Thompson Minnis
22) Family Circle Biscuits - Mr Crust
23) Note Set - Edyta Baille